Monday, December 19, 2011

It's cold outside, PUT ON A COAT!

Lately I have been seeing a strange trend among the young girls in my small town of Johnson City, TN. And I think to myself, 'I hope this isn't a growing trend around the world!'

Now, where I am from, downtown is a popular place to be at night because of the variety of bars, night clubs,and restaurants. So it isn't unusual to see people walking down the sidewalk from place to place. Not to mention you have to hoof it from the various parking lots to where all the action is.

As the weather got colder I noticed it didn't prevent the countless numbers of young women from wearing their finest clubwear, including tiny dresses and tummy-bearing tops. Now I am not hating, when I was in my twenty's I wore the same thing. What struck me as odd was that none of them were wearing coats!

They stumbled from bar to bar in little herds, huddled over for warmth. I mean, when did wearing coats become uncool?


Honestly, most establishments provide coat checks for your convenience.

Now that my rant is winding down, I would like to make you aware of an important piece of the winter wardrobe just for this type of situation: the evening coat.

The evening coat is going to be a little nicer than your everyday casual coat. There are many to choose from. My suggestion is to get a coat that hits between mid thigh and just below the knee, depending on how tall you are. If you are short or petite, go for the shorter length.

Evening coats can add a touch of elegance to your wardrobe. Also, think of it this way, you always want to make an entrance. Walk in the door and take the coat off in a way that will show off the outfit underneath. It will help make a statement.

Here are some examples of evening coats. I myself have several, and tend to go the vintage route.










No comments:

Post a Comment