Saturday, September 24, 2011

How to Stretch Shoes

Have you ever found the most amazing shoes, just to spend a night out with pinched toes? Possibly wake up the next morning with the dreaded blister? I have, and it's not fun.

Well, dig out those shoes from the back of the closet and dust them off because I am going to show you how to save them!

It is really simple, all you need is:



Zip Top Bags
Water
Your freezer
And of course, time!


  • Take your zip top bag and fill a quarter of the way up with water.
Make sure you get out most of
the air and seal the top.
  • Put the bags into the toes of the shoes.

  • Then place in the freezer.
I am balancing mine on a plate to keep
them from falling through the grating.
Now we wait. It can take at least five or six hours for the water to freeze solid. What's happening is as the water freezes, the ice expands and gently stretches the shoe. Your results will depend on what your shoes are made of. If you have a real leather shoe, one time will do it for you. Other shoes might need more than one stretch.


Frozen Solid
Once the ice is frozen solid, it is time to take your shoes out of the freezer. 


Remove Carefully
Now here is some important information: let the ice thaw before you remove the bag from the shoe. You don't want to damage the shoe removing the ice. Let it thaw a little so it will slide gently out.


Now all you have to do is dry off your shoes, slip them on, and you are ready for a night out on the town!






And Always..
Stay Fabulous

3 comments:

  1. Oh my GOODNESS!!! This is a GREAT post!

    Thank you for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. And it really does work. I will post after pictures tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pair of Nine West peep toes that I love, but after wearing them I am lucky to not have tiny blisters from them being a tad too snug near my toes. I am going to try this on them :)

    ReplyDelete